Home Care with a Sense of Purpose
We recognize the challenges of daily activities, personal care, and safety concerns associated with aging. Our mission is to provide compassionate and respectful care that embraces the values of love, dignity, compassion, and respect. You can trust us to deliver the highest quality of care for your cherished family member.
Click the Play Button and Get Inspired
A Message from the Owners
Hi and thank you for visiting our website. We know that the process of finding high-quality care can be overwhelming. We appreciate that you are considering Assisting Hands as an in-home care partner. Our process starts with us getting to know more about your loved one, their needs, interests, things they enjoy and like to do, and what’s important to them. Our dedicated care management team works with our clients and their families to develop an in home care plan that is as unique as their loved one. More importantly, you have the freedom to adjust the care plan based on the evolving needs of your loved one. We welcome you to call us for a conversation on the best care options for you or your loved one.
Keisha & Dean Johnson - Owners
Home Care Plans Tailored to the Unique Needs of Our Clients
We begin by familiarizing ourselves with our clients, understanding their needs, interests, and preferred activities, as well as their priorities. Our committed Care Management team collaborates with both clients and their families to create a personalized in-home care strategy that truly reflects the uniqueness of their loved ones. The most significant aspect is that you have the liberty to adapt the care plan in accordance with your loved one’s changing requirements.
The Perfect Caregiver Match
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we firmly believe that the cornerstone of exceptional care resides in finding the perfect caregiver match. Alongside their experience and training, we’re convinced that caregivers with compassionate hearts can make an extraordinary impact on the lives of our clients. When selecting a caregiver, we ask ourselves a pivotal question: “Would we unequivocally trust this individual to provide care for our own parents?” If the answer is yes, our clients can rest assured their loved ones are in capable hands. Once a caregiver is chosen, he or she is equipped to assist in various areas, including:
- Helping with personal hygiene tasks such as bathing, grooming, dressing, and managing incontinence
- Preparing meals and helping with grocery shopping
- Maintaining a tidy environment by conducting light housekeeping, doing laundry, and changing bed sheets and linens
- Providing transportation for errands, medical appointments, and social engagements
- Offering support with mobility, bed and wheelchair transfers, and toileting needs
- Offering medication reminders and coordinating prescription pickup
- Ensuring safety through vigilant monitoring and implementing measures to prevent falls
- Facilitating cognitive stimulation and providing emotional support
- Fostering companionship and encouraging social interactions
- Specializing in Alzheimer’s care
- Catering to clients with Parkinson’s care
The Assisting Hands Home Care Difference
- We go beyond the basics of home care by offering premium concierge care to each and every client.
- All caregivers are our employees who are trained, supervised and insured.
- Client satisfaction is our top priority. Therefore, we do not require any long term contracts. We only want you to keep us if we are meeting and exceeding your expectations.
- We understand the value of personal connections and consistency of care, hence, we assign the same caregiver/s to our elderly clients.
- Each client is quality matched with a caregiver based on experience, skillset and personality.
- Experience alone is not enough to work for Assisting Hands Home care, caregivers must demonstrate traits of compassion, reliability, friendliness, respect & a commitment to helping the elderly.
How to Get Started
Searching for the perfect home care partner can be a daunting task. At Assisting Hands, we aim to simplify the process, making the transition as seamless as can be. Selecting a caregiver for your loved one is a significant decision, and we recognize its importance. When you reach out to us, our attentive staff will attentively listen to your needs, empathize with your concerns, and offer tailored solutions that prioritize your family’s peace of mind. We eagerly await the opportunity to connect with you and gain a deeper understanding of your unique requirements.
Things seem to be going well. Mom’s seems to be happy with them both. I think my Mom will do less sleeping during the day and generally be more active now that she has a visitor four hours a day. I am hoping she will get outside every day even if it’s just to walk down to the mail box; obviously not if its icy out. Diana noticed that Mom wasn’t taking her PM medicine and started outing a sticky note on her bathroom mirror to remind her to take her pills. Great idea!
– David L
I have been meaning to write for some time. I just wanted to say that it was really a good fortune to have met you, and I am very thankful for all your help. From your referral to the aquatherapy spot (which my dad definitely enjoyed) to your referral to Care Patrol (whom we had just started connecting with right before my dad died) – and of course, helping us find Priscilla whom I know my dad really liked – you helped make the last few months of my dad’s life, and ours, as good as it probably could have been. Thank you and your whole team for everything!
– Peter D
My wife and I have been clients of Assisting Hands Columbia for approximately 3 1/2 years. During that time we have received exceptional care and support from the agency. Keisha and Dean Johnson are very professional and always attentive to our specific needs. The care givers are dependable and personable which is very important to us. Highly recommend Assisting Hands Columbia.
– Lawrence E
Dean and Keisha Johnson offer consistent quality service in a field not always known for top rate professionalism. The search for good home care is inherently an anxious process. Assisting Hands works with you to minimize the stress associated with this service. They are good people and I am happy to share my endorsement for Assisting Hands.
– Bobby D
Communities We Serve